Q: Car dies after driving for a while

After a few minutes of driving, my minivan died. It took several times of jumping it, but it would stop after a few minutes of running. I replaced the battery and drove to a nearby town, about 30 minutes, and it quit again! And now I was out-of-town. I had it towed home. Now when I jump it I hear loud ticking sounds before the charge quits. Also while charged, the rpm is only 17 mph and there are vibrations until the van quits totally. Please tell me what I should do.

Either the charging system is failing or the battery is not accepting charge. The battery should be charged and load tested, while the charging system should be load tested as well. One of these systems are most likely going to fail the test. This will indicate where the issue is. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose why your battery will not hold a charge and to make the proper repair.