Q: Car creaks when turning while driving and just moving steering wheel back and forth .

My car makes a creaking squeaking sound when the steering wheel turns if turning or just moving the wheel back and forth and it’s not the power steering at all.

Creaking on turning the front wheels can be due to sticking or failed strut mount bearings and/or faults in the tie rods (inner or outer) or even ball joints. It is also possible that the outer CV joints are worm and that can contribute to such noise. Your best bet is to just have the front end carefully inspected. After such an inspection, the mechanic will let you know of any and all faults and help you to prioritize the most important repairs. The recommended service is a front end diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Car creaks when turning while driving and just moving steering wheel back and forth .