I have a 2007 ram pick up. It has 126020 miles on her. We...

I have a 2007 ram pick up. It has 126020 miles on her. We have replaced the starter, alternator, both batteries and the temperature sensor. We have also replaced the battery cable that connects both batteries. Whenever I hit a rou...

I have a 2007 ram pick up. It has 126020 miles on her. We have replaced the starter, alternator, both batteries and the temperature sensor. We have also replaced the battery cable that connects both batteries. Whenever I hit a rough bump my check engine light comes on. She also hesitated Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? It stays on for a while. Then it goes off Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far? We checked all the connections except the starter. Yes we fix her mostly ourselves Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I think so

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and I will be right back with your answer, or I may need some additional information from you about your vehicle. The site will ask for a phone call not me so please disregard thanks. What's the code stored for the engine light ? Also this happened prior to replacing thise parts correct?

Unfortunately I don’t have the codes with me.I’m helping my grand daughter with her online school right now. It would have to be later today if possible. I can go to Auto Zone and get them to give me the code after 2:30 when my grand daughter get done with school.
Automotive Expert
Ok did this start happening out of the blue one day ? Its definitely a loose connection. Battery is secure and grounds? Could be the ECu has a loose connection as well or possibly something inside it failing. Having the code will help pinpoint the issue.
Automotive Expert
Sure thats fine you can add back to the question then sounds like something is loose most likely a ground or as easy as the battery terminals.

Hi so I went to Autozone. Here are the codes...yep plural. P2509 the other one is P0116
Automotive Expert
P2509 is for the drivers side battery P0116 is for the coolant temperature sensor. So I'm leaning towards there is still a loose or not clean ground for the battery terminals and grounds that's why the light is flashing . You need to replace the coolant temperature sensor or if the connections loose it can cause this also but not as common. Id start here.