Q: Can I find out if my battery is dead using a trickle charger? What if I try and jump the vehicle with the battery being fully charged.

I'm terrified (don't laugh) of anything that conducts current. I'm a struggling, single mom and need to find out if my connections are bad or if the issue is the starter. I don't have a multi meter, ammeter, voltmeter, etc. I've looked all over the internet for instructions, but I'm still afraid to touch my battery. I can't afford to take it to a garage and have them charge me to "look" at it. I will overcome my fear but it seems like there are so many differing opinions on how or what I should do. I've asked a few male friends (that supposedly know things about cars), but apparently chivalry is dead and no one is willing to stop by for five minutes to help me. I have to call into work because I can't risk getting stuck an hour away from home. I tried the key click trick a few times and got it running. Then the next day it won't start again. I have a trickle charger. Will it tell me if the battery is good? What if I try jumping it but I'm unaware the battery if fully charged?

3. Can I find out if my battery is dead using a trickle charger? What if I try and jump the vehicle with the battery being fully charged.