Q: Buick odd fire. Hot on one side

Odd fire engine heats up very hot on drivers side, warn on passenger side. Could this be a timing issue? Have a hei distributer. Stumped! Could It be the timing is hitting on the wring cycle?

Hi there. This could be a timing issue with the ignition retarded. The cylinders are getting too hot with the timing out of adjustment. Try advancing the timing. If you are unable to advance the timing, then you will need to remove the HEI distributor and turn it one tooth, then advance the timing. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your engine, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose the engine overheating symptom and perform any other services if needed.

3. Buick odd fire. Hot on one side