Q: Broken timing cover

do i have to replace the timing cover. will it cause an oil lead . can i silicone it?

3. Broken timing cover

Q: Transmission doesn't work when it's cold

Sounds like its almost time for a transmission rebuild. An automatic transmission has rubber seals inside similar to o-rings. These seals get hard over time and no longer do their job. Letting the car heat up also heats up the...

Q: Loss of power and speed

The timing has jumped. Timing is the most common issue with the engine. The timing chain guides and tensioners on these engines have chain guides with teflon plastic parts that start falling apart, which causes the timing chain to loosen;...

Q: When I unlock the door with key the horn sounds until I start the engine

Hello, thanks for writing in. The horn is being set off by the body control module. This module contains the anti-theft controls and if it does not get a remote signal to disarm the system then this will occur. There...