Q: Brakes need bleeding

My brake pedal goes all the way to the floor when I press it. I was told I need to bleed my brakes.

A: Hello. A brake pedal that goes to the floor...

Hello. A brake pedal that goes to the floor is a sign of a failure in the brake system. The car is not drivable and must be repaired. The easiest thing to check is the brake fluid reservoir. If the reservoir is full, the master cylinder has failed. If the master cylinder is empty, there is a leak that must be found and repaired. You may want to get ahold a mechanic to perform an inspection of your brakes since they are one of the more important systems on the car.