Q: Brake system issue on a '97 Honda Civic

I have a '97 Honda Civic. When I head downhill, it may come to a stop by quicky using the brakes but it feels as if it would give for a split second in the middle of braking. I was just wondering what's that about.

A: It's a '97, so it's probably go...

It's a '97, so it's probably going to show some problems. Generally on those, if you don't see any leaks, then you'll need to pull off all the wheels and look for any leaks.

If you don't have any leaks, my advice is to change the brake master cylinder( When brake master cylinders on these get old, they are going to lose a bit of pressure and then catch again. So it can easily be that the cylinder is wearing out. If you want to have the brake system inspected by a professional, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can look over your vehicle and determine if there are any repairs needed.