Q: Brake pedal to floor; two car lengths to stop car

While I was coming to a stop at a red light, I reached about 5 mph approaching the intersection. At that point, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor and I no longer had normal braking ability. I pressed down on the brake pedal as hard as I could, and it took two car lengths before the car stopped. It is So fortunate there were no pedestrians or any vehicles around me or in front of me. I had the car towed in for diagnostics at the dealership. Using a remote manufacturer diagnostic tool, they told me it was a leaking brake circuit. The internal displays say: ABS failure, brake assist failure, and stabilitrak service required. Before I have them perform any repairs, would you please give me your professional diagnosis and what should be done to fix my car?

A: Hello. This diagnosis sounds correct. There...

Hello. This diagnosis sounds correct. There is clearly a failed brake hydraulic component and safety issue. Consult your Owners Manual to determine if your vehicle is still under warranty. If so, the vehicle should be towed to the dealer. If not, before driving the vehicle further, get in touch with a professional mechanic who can either come diagnose and repair your vehicle where it is, or make arrangements to have the vehicle towed to a professional repair facility. To reinforce the potential risk, do NOT drive the vehicle before it is repaired.