Q: brake light won't turn off and it won't shift out of first gear

A few days ago i found out my brakes weren't working the brake pad would just sink to the ground and yesterday i had the brake pads changed because the brake light was on and it still didn't turn off I also bled out the brakes and added new brake fluid. Right after that i took out for a test drive and the brakes were working fine but i soon realized that the truck won't shift out of first gear. I tried stepping on the gas more but all it does is rev i checked the the transmission fluid and it was running low so i added a quart and it still wouldn't shift out of first gear.

3. brake light won't turn off and it won't shift out of first gear