Q: brake light is on and off

The brake light is on and off occasionally without any specific noticeable circumstances that could trigger it, such as make turns. It just happens randomly. Could you please let me know what is the potential problem causing this signal.

Many thanks.

A couple of things can cause the brake light to come on. If the emergency brake cables are binding/sticking, the added tension can cause the cables to tug slightly over uneven roads,turns, and bumps. The suspension traveling up and down can cause the cables to tug slightly and give the vehicle the perception that the emergency brake is on. Also, brake fluid level can cause the light to go on. Fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir drops naturally as the brake pads wear. More fluid remains in the brake system to take up the space that the pads have worn away. If the fluid level in the reservoir is now borderline low due to this, the light can come over uneven roads, bumps, and turns as well. If the obvious things like these don’t correct the brake light coming on, have a certified technician inspect the system to find the exact cause.

3. brake light is on and off