Q: Brake drum wear.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-dakota/403872-rear-drums-and-shoes.html#post3343569 Check out the post for a picture of my brake shoes. Long story short is that my brake drums didn't stay adjusted, resulted in a lot of rattling in the back and scuffed up the shoes pretty good. Now that they are adjusted it isn't as bad, but I'm wondering if the shoes are still good to use. I'm going to replace the drums because they are warrantied but I don't want to have to put on new shoes because it's a pain. Any advice would be appreciated. I only drove with the drums unadjusted for about a week.

From the picture, it doesn’t look like much damage has been done to the brake shoe. The shoe isn’t brand new so you may experience some amount of noise or vibration coming from them. For the absolute best results, it would be a good idea to change everything out again to be on the safe side of things. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take care of installing the new brake components for you.

3. Brake drum wear.