Q: Blown head gasket ? 2000 Buick Regal

It appears that the car has a blown head gasket or manifold gasket. My grandson was out with it and it overheated and now there is coolant in the crankcase. What can I expect to have to pay to have new gaskets installed?

Hi there - you may be in luck on this one. This GM engine is one of a number of late model V6 engines that develop intake manifold leaks of coolant into the oil pan. Symptoms look quite similar to that of a blown headgasket as you suspect, but are far easier to fix. I would recommend a coolant leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, to confirm which problem you have, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.