Q: Battery was dead. Jumped it and it start and runs for 2-3 seconds and then dies. Starts again then dies after 2-3 seconds.

Still have cables attached to get stronger recharge.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your stalling issue may be because your battery has failed. The first thing you should do is take the battery to your local automotive parts store and have it tested. If the battery fails the test, you simply need to replace it. If the battery passes, we need to take another look at the starting and charging systems. The first thing to check would be the condition of the cables, connection to the alternator, and the battery’s ground connection. If all of these are working well, you may want to turn to testing your alternator. If the alternator is not working to charge the battery, then the battery will stall out the vehicle and die. The engine also uses the alternator mostly when the vehicle is running. The battery is used for starting and completing the charging system circuit. Start with your battery and take further testing from there.

3. Battery was dead. Jumped it and it start and runs for 2-3 seconds and then dies. Starts again then dies after 2-3 seconds.