Q: Battery keeps dying

My cars battery keeps dying. I bought a new one and it only lasted 3 weeks. We've tried the alternator and it works what could it be?

A: You likely have a parasitic battery drain, ...

You likely have a parasitic battery drain, which is causing your battery to be drained whenever you’re not using the car. This causes the battery to frequently drain very low, then be fully recharged by the alternator once the car is running. These kind of cycles are bad for standard automotive batteries, and can kill them very quickly. You should have a qualified professional thoroughly check your battery and charging system to begin with, then inspect the vehicle for any parasitic drains that are killing the battery. I recommend using a qualified technician from YourMechanic, as they can come to your home or office to take care of this for you.