Q: Battery dying after sitting in 1996 Nissan Pathfinder

I installed a remote starter on my car that did not work, so I took it off. Now, when I go turn the car off at night you hear a click, and the next morning the battery is dead. In addition, if I drive the car and then turn it off for six to eight hours, the battery dies.

If your car battery is draining after a few hours, or overnight, then you are probably experiencing a short somewhere that is draining the battery. Since the problem began after you uninstalled the remote start system, I suspect that the short may be located somewhere in the wiring that was modified for the installation. As electrical and wiring problems can often be tough to handle by yourself. If you need help, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic diagnose the battery problem for you. They will be able to replace the battery or make any other repairs as needed.