Q: Battery

Not sure if the battery needs replacing or not. Car was dead when wife was shopping. I went and boosted it got it home. Haven't taken it out again but now it starts every time I try. My wife said there was power to use the key fob to unlock doors and relock them when she went into store to wait for me and horn did beep when she relocked door but engine didn't turn over at all.

Hi there:

It’s likely that you have an issue with the ignition system as opposed to a battery problem. In some cases, a faulty ignition switch can cause the vehicle to not turn over; but then the next moment, it starts right up. It could also be some sort of problem with battery cables being loose or damaged. The best way to know for sure is to have a mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.