Q: Back Axel off center after hitting curb

Hit a curb fairly hard, the back passenger side wheel on the right side of the car hit the curb dead center. No body damage. Viewing car from the back, the right back tire has been pushed under the car body more while the left side tire now sticks out just a little bit more, almost as if the axel shifted over 1-2 inches. No noises, or screeching or noticeable damage besides that. Still drove a block or two till I pulled it over and had road side assistance take it. While driving those two blocks, not difference in the driving of the car or feel of the tires.

Currently being inspected at the dealer, any estimates or ideas ahead of time of what the problem will be?

Hi there. If you’re covered under insurance, it might be a good idea to follow their lead on this issue. Since you hit a curb and you’ve noticed that the wheel is not straight, you may have damaged the strut assembly, or the CV axle on your VW Jetta. If this is the case, that’s most likely a job that will be more than the typical deductible. If you’re not covered under insurance for this issue, contact one of our local mechanics to complete a post accident safety inspection; as our rates will most likely save you more money than working with the dealership.