Q: alignment specs?

I have oversized tires on my car 225/45/18. Will this change the alignment specs. If so, how do I calculate the correct specs.

A: The tires should not change your alignment ...

The tires should not change your alignment unless you altered your suspension system. The tires may put a larger stain on steering components and cause premature wear and stress. The tires being taller will change your speedometer output reading and may cause the transmission shift points to change. The taller tires will also cause you to have a lack of power from a start. Try using a GPS unit and compare your speedometer to the GPS stated speed. You will see the change in the speedometer.