Q: Air conditioner blowing out hot air despite refrigerant

The air conditioner continues to blow out hot air. We put refrigerant in it and the air got cooler for a little bit. As we were putting the refrigerant in, we noticed that it looked like some of the refrigerant was coming out of the bottom of the car.

It sounds to me like there is a leak that must be located and repaired in order for it to hold in the amount of refrigerant that is required to allow the system turn on. Have a certified mechanic test your AC components in order to pinpoint the source of the leak and find a solution.