Q: Air conditioner blowing out hot air despite refrigerant

The air conditioner continues to blow out hot air. We put refrigerant in it and the air got cooler for a little bit. As we were putting the refrigerant in, we noticed that it looked like some of the refrigerant was coming out of the bottom of the car.

A: It sounds to me like there is a leak that m...

It sounds to me like there is a leak that must be located and repaired in order for it to hold in the amount of refrigerant that is required to allow the system turn on. Have a certified mechanic test your AC components in order to pinpoint the source of the leak and find a solution.