Q: After starting my car i heard a weird squeak or chirpping sound. Keeps doing it periodically while car is running .

This is the first time thos has happened. Ive have several vehicles but never heard the weird chirp squeaking sound. It sounds like its coming straight from the engine. I dont think it really is but maybe from a pully? The a/c unit is making noise and im getting it replaced but the new noise is totally different. Should i drive my car or park it till i get someone to look at it.

Thanks Tricia

Hi there:

The type of sound you’re describing is commonly associated with a loose drive or serpentine belt or one of the pulley’s that is connected to these belts. The best way to know for certain is to have a mobile mechanic complete an engine is making a noise inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of this noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. After starting my car i heard a weird squeak or chirpping sound. Keeps doing it periodically while car is running .