Q: After I turn the key off the engine keeps going and splutters

it is a 1988 KE Laser

The engine can continue to try and run on cars with carburetors that are not functioning correctly or not adjusted correctly. If the base idle speed is set above about 500 rpm then the engine can try to continue to run when the engine is warmed up. If the carburetor is adjusted correct then check base ignition timing to see if it is set to far advanced causing the engine to idle higher than it should. Basically you will need to have the carburetor and ignition timing checked and adjusted.

3. After I turn the key off the engine keeps going and splutters