Q: acts like it is out of gear when rpms are high..

if i drive slow it works in drive after driving home from work now i have no reverse.gave no sighn of trouble

Based on the information you provided about your 2002 F-150, it sounds like you could have internal transmission issues. The first thing I suggest is to check the transmission fluid. You should look to see if it is full. If the fluid is low, refer to the stamping on the dipstick or service manual for the type of fluid it uses. It will probably be Mercon or Mercon V.

Also, look and smell the fluid. If the fluid is dark, feels gritty, has particles or smells burnt, then clutch failure is the probable cause, and you will likely need to have your transmission rebuilt or replaced. If you want to have this looked at by a trained professional, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose the shifting issue that you are experiencing.

3. acts like it is out of gear when rpms are high..