Q: AC actuator making popping noises

I think I need to replace the AC actuator at the firewall under the dash. It makes a popping noise when the truck is initially cranked, and again after the truck is shut off.

A: Hi, there are blender doors that control wh...

Hi, there are blender doors that control where hot and cold air go inside the cabin. The motors that control the doors eventually go bad and can start making some clicking or popping noises. Does the sound occur when turning on the A/C? You'll need to find the faulty motor and replace it to get rid of the sound. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you determine which motor is creating the sound and help you replace it.