Q: A/C doesn't cool immediately

asked by on June 24, 2016

My SUV’s A/C takes a long time to become cool. The fan doesn’t always turn on immediately when I start the car. It only starts becoming cooler once I’m driving, not if the vehicle is standing. I’ve checked the freon liquid levels and also looked for leaks, but found nothing wrong, except for the fan. How do I fix the fan and get cold air upon starting it?

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like the fan motor or fan motor resistor might be faulty. This could explain why the fan doesn’t start immediately. The A/C compressor is probably to blame for the air not reaching cool temperatures as fast as it should. The A/C compressor acts as a pump for the A/C system. When the A/C compressor is weak or not operating like it should, the air will not blow as cool as it should. I recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of your A/C system as well as the blower fan.