Q: 95 325i overheats, no leaks under load,radiator and water pump replaced 5500 miles ago on 65000 mile engine

car overheats radiator and water pump changed 6500 miles ago. There are no leaks in hoses. Belts have been changed.Radiator Fan goes on when engine reaches normal operating temperature. I have an idea of the cause.. What is your idea? No computer message or code is visible on the screen.Can you give me an idea of the cost of repair?

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for contacting us today. Most of the time, an overheating problem like this is caused by an obstruction of debris in the heater core or somewhere in the cooling lines. Overtime, engine sludge will develop inside the engine and especially through the heater core. As coolant gets hotter, it expands, which can cause it to clog inside the heater core. One way to self test this is to turn on your heater on full blast when the engine has reached operating temperature. If you don’t feel HOT air blowing, then it’s likely the source. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an overheating inspection so they can correctly diagnose this issue before overheating causes damage.

3. 95 325i overheats, no leaks under load,radiator and water pump replaced 5500 miles ago on 65000 mile engine