Q: 2012 Corolla. How can I tell if coolant was really changed. Red when I took it in, red after I picked it up.

I took my 2012 Toyota Corolla for a coolant flush at Firestone (uses Khameleon armor extended life coolant). The coolant color was red when I took it in and it's red at pick up (in reservoir tank). How do I know if the coolant was really changed? I suspect it was not, I was expecting a different color.

If they used the coolant that was supposed to be used, the coolant should be the same color. If the used the coolant that they keep on hand, it would be green. Based on the fact that the coolant is the same color, I can say that the coolant is the correct type. However, I cannot say for sure that it was changed. I would ask the manager at the shop that did the service about it if you have any doubts that your coolant was changed.

3. 2012 Corolla. How can I tell if coolant was really changed. Red when I took it in, red after I picked it up.