Q: Left brake light message keeps showing up on my dash. It was replaced. Is there a problem?

I have had my brake light on the left and right side of my Ml350 but I keep getting a notification on my dash "left brake light". Also, my radio shut off while I was driving. Could this be the beginning of a problem?

Hi there. Check the brake lights on the vehicle and see if they are working. If the lights are working, then there could be a problem with the circuit for the brake lights or the brake light switch could have an issue. For the radio shutting off while driving down the road, there could be an issue with the harness that plugs into the radio. Remove the radio and check the pigtail that plugs into the the back. Make sure that there is a good connection. Check for any loose ground wires in the dash that connects up with the radio. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Left brake light message keeps showing up on my dash. It was replaced. Is there a problem?