Q: 2007 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG on occasion will not shift up from first gear. What's the cause?

On occasion, (Not Always) car will not shift up from first gear. Have to pull over, stop engine, restart engine and drive, it then shifts as normally should. Could this be a Transmission Speed Sensor issue? If so, where is it located and how much does it cost to replace?? Looking forward to your response.

A: Hello there, many faults will cause your 20...

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2007 Mercedes SL55 to have issues upshifting from first gear. The most common faults are low transmission fluid level, shift solenoid, shift cable fault, transmission control module fault, or a failing valve body.

I would suggest having this car looked at to avoid any unnecessary repairs. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car’s shifting issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.