Q: 2006 Kia Sportage heater not working

The heater in my 2006 Kia Sportage isn't working. Sometimes a little heat comes through the vents, other times no heat at all. A few months ago I went over a bump in the road and all of the sudden heat started coming through the vents and the heater was working again,but only for a short time. A few times I have hit the dashboard really hard a couple of times and it would start working for a little while then stop again. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I would like to get it fixed soon before it starts getting really cold.

If you are referring to insufficient air flow, the duct network, blower doors and controls and the blower motor should be checked out. On the other hand, if airflow is good (strong) but the temperature of the emitted air is too low, that could be an issue with the heater control valve, the heater core, the interconnecting piping and/or the blend door system. To get the cause of this problem conclusively pinpointed, simply request a passenger cabin heater diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2006 Kia Sportage heater not working