Q: 2005 Saturn Vue A/C was working off & on; today, smoke in cab; disabled A/C, which helped

A/C was working off & on; today, smoke in cab; disabled A/C (fuse), but can't tell if radiator fans will still come on or not. Take to A/C person? Fixed income, so need inexpensive A/C or serpentine belt fix. Freon has always been fine. Thanks.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Saturn Vue. If you see smoke coming out of the vents, then you may have A/C Freon leaking out of the evaporator or the heater core is leaking coolant. You need to reconnect the fuse and have the system checked to see what is causing the leak. Coolant smells sweet and Freon is a bitter smell if you can tell the difference. Have a mechanic inspect the A/C system to prevent any engine damage that may happen if it is a coolant leak from the heater core. The engine may overheat if this goes without being checked.