Q: 2003 Nissan 350z code P0128 and had little smoke out my exhaust the night before the CEL came on. Any help?

asked by on October 23, 2017

Code P0128 but the temp is just fine the night before I had an excessive amount of white smoke out the exhaust pipes but everything is still working just fine.(High Flow Cats, Straight piped).

Hi Jesus. Thanks for sending in your question. The P0128 code means that the engine coolant is not getting warm enough, fast enough. In other words, there is a problem with the engine operating temperature not being reached within a certain amount of time. The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines this length of time-based on ambient temperature. You should read this article to review a few of the common causes and repair tips.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr