Q: 2002 Oldsmobile silhouette overheated My van overheated and died out. Checked under hood and one of the hoses came off. Reconnect

My van overheated and died out. Checked under hood and one of the hoses came off. Reconnected it tried to start it and no start battery died out. Got it jumped and car started but Idle was rough. So drove it a mile checked how it ran and it was fine till I stopped and sat for 2 min and engine died. Tried jump again but didn’t start anymore.

Hi Tony. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases when a cooling hose comes off and sprays under the hood, electrical connections and sensors can be damaged. This could be the reason why your engine will not start. However, overheating can cause serious engine damage. It would probably be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection to determine the extent of damage that has happened and why the car will not start now.

3. 2002 Oldsmobile silhouette overheated My van overheated and died out. Checked under hood and one of the hoses came off. Reconnect