Q: 2001 Land Rover Discovery , 162 000km. Periodically loosing coolant + overheating. What are the possible repairs?

asked by on November 16, 2017

My Land Rover has started loosing coolant and overheating. The leak seems to be coming from an area to the right and central in relation to where the actual coolant resovoire is located. A mechanic friend has done a pressure test and bled line. What concerns/repairs could there be?

If the pressure test did not show any leaks then you should inspect reservoir for any cracks and replace pressure cap. Then clean area of any residue coolant and drive a few days and recheck for any leaks in the area.