Q: 2000 Ford Explorer. Check engine light is on. Issues with the heat. Replaced fan blower. Now no air coming out of vents or defrost

My blower fan started some mornings and some it did not. Replaced motor and working fine but no air flow from vents and defrost when on high. Still get plenty of air from the vents on back of console in back seat. Check engine light is on. Found the meter gave a reading on bank 2 for check eng light. Would vacuum lines have any thing to do with this?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately, without knowing what engine code has triggered it is difficult to say what the issues may be or if they are related. Bank 2 refers to one side of the engine, and there are multiple codes that may trigger for this area. Vacuum lines can absolutely effect the climate control. If you can locate the vacuum connection block, you may be able to trace the lines and check for any vacuum leaks. The vacuum helps control the speeds and distribution of the air through the vehicle’s duct work. A lack of vacuum, or no vacuum to certain controls would rend them unusable. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department for more information.

3. 2000 Ford Explorer. Check engine light is on. Issues with the heat. Replaced fan blower. Now no air coming out of vents or defrost