Q: 1999 chevy Tahoe does not start. Battery is good and starter are good. But i believed it was the gas pump that gave me problems. R

1999 chevy Tahoe does not start. Battery is good and starter are good. But i believed it was the gas pump that gave me problems. Replaced it twice and nothing stars the car.

Hi Angelises. Thanks for contacting us tonight. With turbo diesels, trying to isolate the root issue of a hard to start issue is a bit more complex than a gasoline powered vehicle. Although the fuel pump might be working OK, if the filters are clogged with excessive carbon deposits, or the fuel supply lines are dirty (which tends to happen after 10 years or so) then it’s likely that the fuel problems are anywhere in between the pump and the fuel injection system. It’s also possible that air / fuel mixture or ignition system problems are causing your problem as well. Instead of guessing, it’s best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection, to help locate the root problem - so the right repairs can be made.

3. 1999 chevy Tahoe does not start. Battery is good and starter are good. But i believed it was the gas pump that gave me problems. R