Q: 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Overheating

Drove for about 30 minutes one day and my car started to overheat. I had to stop about 8 times that night to get home with fresh coolant readily available each time. Started the car the next morning and after 5 minutes it happens again. The top hose was scorching hot and the car was overheating. I let the car sit overnight. The next morning I noticed antifreeze leaking under my car. I examined the lower radiator hose and I noticed it didn't have a leak. I ended up changing the thermostat. It is still overheating with a misty smoke from under the hood. I can't make it out my neighborhood. What else may need to be done?

You need to check to make sure the cooling fan is coming on. If it is not then further diagnosis will need to be done by scanning the computer to see if fan control is turning on to see if the problem is a fan motor or related wiring issues. A mechanic like one from yourMechanic can come to you and diagnose the problem if further diagnosis is needed.

3. 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Overheating