Q: 1995 Ford F350 shiffting into 2nd roughly but then smooth after that. changed out transmission fluid and filter did not help.

The shifting from first to second is not smooth and it feels as if it takes forever to make the truck go faster but once it moves into second gear all other gears are fine. We had an issue with the gear column shifter didnt want to go into drive and they said they fixed the linkage but we are now having this issue. We already changed Transmission fluid and Filter and it did not help.

What you are describing may be a result of a faulty speed sensor, potentially low transmission fluid or a even a faulty transmission control solenoid. As your vehicle travels down the road, the computer analyzes data being sent by vehicle speed sensors and engine speed sensors. Based on this information, the Engine Control Unit (ECU), or the Transmission Control Unit (TCM), executes the appropriate upshifts and downshifts by sending a signal to one of several shift solenoids. These transmission solenoids have spring-loaded plungers inside them, which are wrapped with wire. When this coil of wire receives an electrical charge from the TCM / ECU, it causes these plungers to open, allowing transmission fluid to flow into the valve body and pressurize the desired clutches and bands. When this happens, the transmission changes gears and you continue down the road. The computer controls the transmission solenoid in several ways. If the vehicle is equipped with a dedicated Transmission Control Unit, it can open or close the hydraulic circuit using a direct 12v signal. In some cases, the Engine Control Unit (ECU) can control the solenoid’s plunger by turning the ground circuit on and off. When this is not working properly, this can cause a jerking reaction, a delay in shifting or in some cases may cause the transmission to hesitate in shifting gears. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your transmission.

3. 1995 Ford F350 shiffting into 2nd roughly but then smooth after that. changed out transmission fluid and filter did not help.