Q: I have an automatic transmission with overdrive and I needed all details and instructions on how to diagnose and fix the ignition system.

1993 chevy v van.3 l v 6 w/od automatic trans {ignition will not work on the column-ignition key/lock has no action/cannot access electrical accessories or engage starter}thanks and hope m questiony free

Hi there. Check the battery and make sure that it has a full charge. Check the starter and make sure that the wires are tight and have no corrosion. Check the ignition switch for any loose or hanging wires. Check the fuse box for any blown fuses and if the fuses are good, then check the starter relay and see if there is power to it and if it’s clicking. If everything is working good, then I recommend replacing the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with the ignition switch not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have an automatic transmission with overdrive and I needed all details and instructions on how to diagnose and fix the ignition system.