Q: 1992 Pontiac Firebird runs great but has trouble starting 1 in 3 times (it just clicks) .

Hello, I have a 1992 Pontiac Firebird that runs great but about 1 in 3 starting attempts, it just clicks when I turn the key. After turning the key an additional 5-7 times the car seems to "catch" and starts easily, as if there were no problem at all. My mechanic told me this is a starter issue (has a dead spot) and that it would need replacing. Before I drop the money for a new starter, does this sounds correct or is there something he may be overlooking?

3. 1992 Pontiac Firebird runs great but has trouble starting 1 in 3 times (it just clicks) .