Q: 03 accord consumes a lot of gas

My car uses up a lot of gas. I changed spark plugs. I've notice a crack in the air intake hose.

The crack in the intake hose should be repaired. Based on EPA data, you should be getting around 21 MPG city and 31 MPG highway driving. Overall, you should get around 25 MPG. If your results are at least 10% lower than the EPA ratings, then there is a problem. A common possibility is a degraded oxygen sensor and that can be tested easily on a real time scanner. You can maximize mileage by: keeping the tires adequately inflated; ensuring vehicle wheel alignment is correct; check for stuck brake caliper(s); maintain consistent vehicle speed; make sure engine temperature is in normal range and not too low due to a stuck open cooling system thermostat; check oxygen sensors as worn out oxygen sensors will cause higher fuel consumption; check for worn out spark plugs; low engine compression due to mechanical defects; slipping components in the transmission; dirty or leaking fuel injectors (common in poor mileage cases); defects in EGR system; exhaust restrictions; and excess weight in vehicle. If mileage does not improve after verifying all of the foregoing, or if you simply want all the foregoing inspected, please request a vehicle fuel efficiency diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this issue investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you

3. 03 accord consumes a lot of gas