$125.02 - $447.30
Titles – they’re crucial parts of vehicle ownership. In fact, this certificate is really all there is that proves you’re the owner of the car. The problem is that titles can easily be lost or misplaced. They can also be damaged in any number of ways, or even stolen outright. When that happens, you are no longer able to sell the car, trade it in, or register it in another state. There are things you can do, though. One is to get a duplicate title. With that being said, the state of Idaho does have some specific criteria that must be met.
Unlike many other states, Idaho will only offer duplicate titles for vehicles that fit very stringent criteria. Only vehicles 10 years old or older can have a duplicate title. Commercial vehicles over 16,000 pounds are also eligible, as are ATVs and other off-road vehicles. Trailers can also have duplicate titles.
If your car is eligible, then you have two options. You can apply for a duplicate title in person at the DMV office, or you can apply by mail. In both instances, you’ll need to complete some paperwork and follow a few specific steps.
- Complete Form ITD 3367 (Duplicate Idaho Title Application).
- Have the form notarized (only if you’re mailing it – if you’re doing it in person, you can sign in the presence of a DMV employee at the station).
- Include the $28 duplicate title fee (if you don’t know your title number or vehicle number, the fee will be $35). Both of these numbers can be found on your car’s registration.
Mail the paperwork and payment to the following address:
PO Box 140019
Garden City, ID 83714
Note that you cannot fax your application – it will be declined. Also, do not mail cash. Use a check, money order or cashier’s check.
If you are applying in person:
- Complete Form ITD 3367 but do not sign it.
- Bring your payment with you.
- Visit your local DMV office.
- Sign the form in front of a DMV employee.
For more information, please visit the official Idaho DMV website.
Schedule Brake Pad Replacement
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Brake Pad Replacement. Yourmechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7 days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 10k cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews... LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING