Q: Would u buy a1995 honda civic that needs radiator hose, tires, battery ,tune up and an oil change for 450. Seem like quivk fixes

I'm 23 homless and have a job. I just need a car so I can get back and forth to work. Its only 450. Should I buy it with the problems. I listed above?

There are several versions of this car and the used car value depends on the exact version that you are looking at as well as the amount of mileage on the car. If the car were running and not in need of immediate repairs, it might be worth in the neighborhood of $1,000. Inasmuch as the vehicle needs repairs, you have to subtract the cost of those repairs from the $1,000 value to come up with a reasonable "as found" value for the car. If you hire someone to perform all of the repairs that you have listed, a ballpark total cost for all of those repairs is at least $550. Assuming all repairs can be done for $550 and there are NO other major repairs required, $450 might be a reasonable price (i.e., $450 plus $550 equals $1,000).

Please note that inasmuch as used car repair, maintenance, and restoration costs are highly dependent on the actual, as found, condition of the vehicle, the only way to get a reasonably precise estimate of costs you might face, and also to protect yourself in the transaction, is to request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you the exact data that you need to make a fully informed, intelligent decision and minimize your risk in buying a used car. If you look at the just cited link for YourMechanic’s inspection service, you will see a long list of the vehicle systems that must be inspected as well as details of YourMechanic’s inspection methodology. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Would u buy a1995 honda civic that needs radiator hose, tires, battery ,tune up and an oil change for 450. Seem like quivk fixes