Q: Won't shift when moving forward

We just bought this car. They said it was a bad tranny but it goes in reverse and very slowly goes up to about 60. We changed tranny fluid and filter but had no response from the vehicle. Just wondering what else it could be considering its only 170,000 miles.

The seller probably had the right idea. 170,000 miles is really right in the life expectancy for a German automatic transmission. Especially now that the dealers are not recommending regular transmission services anymore. It sounds like you may have a transmission that is not shifting into the lower gears. If that’s the case, it could be a problem associated with the electronic controls or the valve body; and the driving elements, clutches and things, may actually be good. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home who can test drive your car and check out your transmission then tell you what it will take to fix it.

3. Won't shift when moving forward