Q: Window drivers side broken. 1997 Volkswagen Cabriolet

The driver’s side window on my Cabriolet isn’t working. I have checked my fuses and they are all OK. Can I fix this problem myself or do I need to take it to the garage?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 1997 Volkswagen Cabriolet. This usually means that the window motor or window regulator has gone bad. This repair is not easy and shouldn’t be done by someone who doesn’t have experience with working on cars. In some cases, the window switch is the problem. If you need more help, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose the window problem and make the necessary repair.

3. Window drivers side broken. 1997 Volkswagen Cabriolet