Q: Will plasti dip come off rims and get on actual car paint?

Okay this just seems absurd but my parents are trying to convince me if I plasti dip my rims black, it will come off while driving, stick to the paint of the car, and ruin it. Nonsense. A guy who's actually skilled in the car profession told them this and they believe this. What is your guys experience with plasti dipping rims, not the whole car?

Hi there:

Well, I’ve talked with Fonzie at DipYourCar quite a bit in the past and I can tell you their product is actually pretty good. However, he’ll tell you that prep work is the number one way to reduce the potential of flaking and having it come off. Another FACT you should consider is the type of metal of your wheels. Some are more adhesive than others, conversely; others are prone to developing more heat than others as well, which can cause flaking to occur.