Q: My truck overheated.

Car overheated change water pump change thermostat car now is puttering acting as if it's still overheating will not stay started running rich

If the vehicle was being driven while the engine was overheating, there is a chance the head gasket may have been damaged causing low compression. The compression should be checked to make sure the head gasket is okay and if so, check the ignition system for weak spark plugs. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the missing and hesitation, run a few checks and offer a more personal diagnosis.