Q: whining/grinding under truck as well as intense vibration throughout whole truck when driving over 80km/h

I've been told by people that it is failing u-joints that are causing the problem. I've don't tons of research trying to figure out what it is and u-joints seems to be the problem. I just want to make sure that it is the problem. Also if this has wrecked the whole driveshaft. It's been making noise for a couple months now but it just recently got pretty bad. And I going to need a whole new driveshaft or just the u-joints? Thanks in advance

Hi there. It does sound like failing U-joints. They may simply be worn out due to age/mileage or have run out of lubrication and are now damaged. The driveshaft shouldn’t be damaged from worn joints, but if they fail completely this can occur. Improper joint removal/installation techniques can also result in a damaged drive shaft. As such, care should be taken when diagnosing and repairing the concern; a qualified technician performing an inspection is highly suggested to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is making noises inspection and u-joint replacement.

• whining/grinding under truck as well as intense vibration throughout whole truck when driving over 80km/h