Q: While decreasing speed, car independently accelerated - 2009 BMW 335d

While driving around 75 mph and then decreasing speed, I released the brakes and then my car suddenly and independently accelerated on its own. This has happened to me several times, but the dealership will not do anything about it despite my talking to them over and over. Finally I found someone who kept the car for a day to examine it, but then told me that nothing is wrong with my car. Though intermittent, this problem continues to happen and I can’t find any help. Please tell me what to do to find a way to fix this?

At that speed, it sounds like a "confused" cruise control. I would try turning off the cruise control, turning off the engine (while parked of course), then restarting both. If this doesn’t correct the problem, continue seeking assistance from your BMW dealer.

• While decreasing speed, car independently accelerated - 2009 BMW 335d