Q: Where is the shifter interlock solinoid located on 95 cadillac sls and can new part be purchased?

Car stuck in park with busted brake line. I need to free transmission to tow to repair shop. I need location of shifter interlock to unplug.

A: Hi there, There is normally a small tab tha...

Hi there, There is normally a small tab that can be pried out with a screwdriver that is used to cover up the shift lock solenoid. I would recommend looking all around your shifter assembly for a small plastic tab that appears that it could be pulled out. When you find the small plastic tab use a small flat-head screwdriver to pry it out. Once this has been done you can then use the screwdriver to press down on the button that is part of the shift lock solenoid. This will free up your shifter assembly in order to move the vehicle into neutral. In order to find the new part I would recommend checking with your local auto parts store. This part may also be available through some online sources.